AWS on Air: Secret Ingredient Contest Terms and Conditions:
· Open to individuals who are (1) at least 18 years of age and live in the 50 states of the United States and (2) who participate in the AWS on Air: Secret Ingredient Contest (the “Contest”).
· Contest starts on November 19, 2021 at 11:30 am (PT) and ends at 11:00 am (PT) on December 2, 2021.
· Submission Requirements: Your Contest Idea must be in paragraph format. Limit of one submission per Round.
· There are 4 total Contest challenges (each a “Contest Challenge”). Each participant should submit one idea (the “Contest Idea”) of what you would build with a specific set of AWS services for each Contest Challenge Round. Each Contest Challenge Round submission link will be active once the Contest Challenge is revealed in accordance with the below:
· Round 1: Contest Challenge #1 will be revealed during the AWS on Air Show at 12:00 pm (PT) on November 19, 2021. Submit your Contest Idea for Contest Challenge #1 here: https://eventbox.dev/survey/A9X47NQContest Challenge #1 submission deadline is 6:00 pm (PT) on November 19, 2021. Prize winners for Contest Challenge #1 will be announced during the AWS on Air Show at 8:00 am (PT) on November 29, 2021.
· Round 2: Contest Challenge #2 will be revealed during the AWS on Air Show at 8:00 am (PT) on November 29, 2021. Submit your Contest Idea for Contest Challenge #2 here: https://eventbox.dev/survey/QLJNW88Contest Challenge #2 submission deadline is 6:00 pm (PT) on November 29, 2021. Prize winners for Contest Challenge #2 will be announced during the AWS on Air Show at 10:45 am (PT) on November 30, 2021.
· Round 3: Contest Challenge #3 will be revealed during the AWS on Air Show at 10:45 am (PT) on November 30, 2021. Submit your Contest Idea for Contest Challenge #3 here: https://eventbox.dev/survey/PM3DOPK Contest Challenge #3 submission deadline is 6:00 pm (PT) on November 30, 2021. Prize winners for Contest Challenge #3 will be announced during the AWS on Air Show at 9:45 am (PT) on December 1, 2021.
· Round 4: Contest Challenge #4 will be revealed during the AWS on Air Show at 9:45 am (PT) on December 1, 2021. Submit your Contest Idea for Contest Challenge #4 here: https://eventbox.dev/survey/E6882S2Contest Challenge #4 submission deadline is 6:00 pm (PT) on December 1, 2021. Prize winners for Contest Challenge #4 will be announced during the AWS on Air Show at 10:45 am (PT) on December 2, 2021.
· Participants can stream the AWS on Air Show from AWS re:Invent attendees can watch the AWS on Air Show in the AWS re:Invent Expo Hall at the Venetian Hotel.
· Idea Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by Amazon Web Services (the “Judges”). Your Contest Idea will be judged and weighted daily on the following rating criteria (the “Judging Criteria”): (i) Quality of the idea, including uniqueness, creativity and ingenuity (0-3 rating); (ii) Scalability of the solution (0-4 rating); and (iii) Potential impact of the idea (0-1 rating).
· In the event of a tie, a separate tie breaking Judge will re-rank each Contest Idea entry using the Judging Criteria.
· Contest Challenge #1 Prize: Apple AirPods Pro (valued at $249 USD) and $150 in AWS Credits
· Contest Challenge #2 Prize: Apple iPad Pro (valued at $1,199 USD)
· Contest Challenge #3 Prize: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 (valued at $700 USD)
· Contest Challenge #4 Prize: Nintendo Switch (valued at $392 USD) and $150 in AWS Credits
· FOR US PERSONS, THE FAIR MARKET VALUE OF THE PRIZE AMOUNT WILL BE REPORTED ON IRS FORM 1099-MISC AND ISSUED TO THE RECIPIENT. TAX IDENTITY INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED BY COMPLETING IRS FORM W-9. TAX IDENTITY INFORMATION WILL BE COLLECTED BY COMPLETING IRS FORM W-8. Each winner shall be solely responsible for payment of any and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local taxes for the prize won and customs clearance fees, if any. Each winner may also be required to sign and return certain tax documentation. Where applicable, the Sponsor may require winners to provide additional tax information, as required by law.
https://aws.amazon.com/privacy/. Any personal information collected by AWS in association with the Contest will be used in accordance with AWS’s Privacy Notice. By participating in the Contest, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in the above Privacy Notice.The following personal information will be collected by AWS in this Contest solely for the purposes of administering the Contest and verifying a participant in the event their participation qualifies for a Contest Prize; name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Failure to provide all necessary personal information may result in participants participation in the Contest being deemed ineligible. Participant information will not be shared with any other individuals or companies without participants’ express consent AWS’s Privacy Notice is available at
· By participating in the Contest, each participant warrants that it has the authority to provide its Contest Idea entry to AWS, and that its Contest Idea entry and any other materials or information provided by it in connection with the Contest, including Contest Idea entry materials (collectively, “Submission Materials”) do not infringe or misappropriate any intellectual or other property right of any other person or entity, including any patent or trade secret. Each participant understands that his/her Submission Materials are non-confidential and may be made public, in whole or in part. Submission components are solely the participant’s work product and the result of the participant’s ideas and creativity, and the participant owns all rights to them. Each participant acknowledges that AWS or its affiliates may currently or in the future be developing information, products, concepts, services, or techniques internally, or receiving information, products, concepts, services, or techniques from other parties, that is similar to Submission Materials (“AWS Developed Materials”). Nothing in these terms and conditions will be construed as a representation or agreement that AWS or its affiliates will not develop or have not developed information, products, concepts, systems, services or techniques that are similar to or compete with the products, concepts, systems, services or techniques contemplated by or embodied in any Submission Materials. Each participant agrees to waive any claims or action they have or may have in connection with AWS Developed Materials.
· Right of Publicity. By submitting a Contest Idea entry, each participant agrees to the publishing of his/her name and Contest Idea on the AWS on Air Show and potential inclusion in a press release and other media coverage if he/she is selected as a winner. Acceptance of Prize by winner constitutes permission for us and our affiliates, agencies and designees to use winners’ names or likenesses and Contest Idea, for advertising and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity (or to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law), without additional compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.